This disease often develops at a young age. Even in mild forms leads to the emergence of serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, constant feeling of shame and social Isolation. Psoriasis is not a threat to the life, but has a very large influence on its quality.
What is psoriasis, what causes it, how it can be treated? It is a fairly common dermatosis: medical statistics claims that you will suffer for 5-7% of the world's population. In recent years it has been psoriasis as a systemic disease, Psoriasis disease, as in the pathological process, in addition to the skin, caught in the joints, the liver, the kidneys, the.
Factors for the occurrence of psoriasis and its symptoms
The study of psoriasis, its causes and the search for ways of treatment continue. Still not definitive factors in the defeat of the skin identifies. Experts stress the importance of the following points:
- to a significant intensification of the rate of cell division of the platelet to exfoliate the top layer of the skin and the formation of convex;
- genetic predisposition;
- Weakening of the body's own defenses (e.g., by disease).
The main features of the disease form a sort of triad, consisting of:
- Education slightly radi scaly patches whitish-gray in color – the so-called phenomenon Stearin spot;
- more scraping, a smooth pink surface, brings the phenomenon of terminal film;
- the formation of droplets of blood on the bare surface, or the phenomenon of the dot-shaped bleeding.
Since the disease is chronic, to cure the question "what is Psoriasis?" automatically, the wording changes to "How do you translate into a lengthy Remission?"
Drug treatment of Psoriasis
Means of external therapy
Local medications to reduce the inflammation, scaling, and the degree of Infiltration of the skin. These creams and ointments that contain the following components:
- Salicylic acid;
Local glucocorticoid Tools apply. The use of lotions can be used in the treatment of Psoriasis with localization on the scalp.
- In the Phase of disease progression, salicylic ointment or hormonal agents and anti-inflammatory assigned. First, the lighter – prednisolone, hydrocortisone. In the event of a renewed intensification, significant symptoms of inflammation of your stronger replace fluorinated drugs. The use of these drugs is very effective: in 70% of cases in the Wake of the 14-day application of the full Regression of the rash.
- For some years negalogenizirovanny glucocorticoids apply. Due to the composition of chlorine and fluorine significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects of local and systemic character. Drugs are the Basis of the local drug treatment of psoriasis, in elderly patients and children.
- Pronounced effect is in the application of ointments and creams with dithranol. You will be effective in increasing dosages after a short or prolonged methodology and anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative. Their disadvantage is the probability of the occurrence of side effects in the Form of redness, local swelling or itching.
- Today, for the treatment of psoriasis a new drug — psorkutan, has provoked a direct influence on pathogenetic factors of the character, the development of the disease. Its active ingredient is calcipotriol, which occurs in the active reaction with the receptors of the keratinocytes and inhibits the process of their Division, has immune-modulating and anti-inflammatory actions. Studies show that up to the end of the second month of the condition of the skin improves, the number of lesions is significantly reduced, or they disappear completely. An important point is, and no side effects in the Form of atrophy, but also the durability of the achieved results. Psorkutan and in the treatment of Teardrop Psoriasis, the therapy. In some cases, can achieve a Remission of up to one year. Effectiveness significantly increased when the connection with the methods of physical therapy – PUVA - or SFT-irradiation.
The means used must be changed at regular intervals, as a result of habituation, their effectiveness is reduced.
The basis of the systemic therapy with aromatic retinoids (synthetic derivatives of Vitamin A). 20-year-old practice of its application and the evidence of the efficacy of these agents.
Treatment of psoriatic Arthritis
Treatment of Psoriasis-Arthritis is the object of the two professionals: rheumatologists and dermatologists. The goal is to achieve the Status of Remission (partial or complete). It should be noted that the progression of the disease and eliminate the symptoms can only through the use of drugs. The attempts of some patients to eliminate the disease does not lead to unconventional ways to a positive result, and also provoke an aggravation and complications in the Form of severe changes in the tissues of the joints, the spine, a few internal organs.
How can you cure this Form of Psoriasis? The used drugs are divided into two categories:
- the symptomatic, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents and glucocorticoids;
- basic drugs with anti-inflammatory effects: sulfasalazine, methotrexate, leflunomide.
The application of the first group leads to a rapid formation of a positive result. Symptoms in the Form of pain and stiffness will disappear after a couple of hours. However, these drugs are not able to stop the process of destruction in the joints.
A more efficient treatment of this type of Psoriasis can be achieved by the application of basic drugs. The effect shows slowly, but the development of the psoriatic Arthritis is being stopped significantly slows down or even. The disadvantage of this medication is that after a certain time the body gets used to it. Dose increase must be what provokes the development of side effects.
A great result, you get through the use of anti-cytokines (biological) therapy, not the destruction of the joints and prevent. Today, this method is highly effective.
A very important point is the early treatment is, if the joints have not yet been through deformation, since this process is irreversible.
Treatment of Palmar-plantar Psoriasis
As a curable version with localization of the Psoriasis on the palms of the hands and the feet? This question is quite problematic, because the traditional therapies prove ineffective, due to the considerable degree of pathological processes in the Dermis and the Epidermis, as well as the factor of constant Irritation and trauma to the skin in these areas as a result of the contact with the clothing, frequent washing, etc.
- For the effectiveness of the treatment Palmar-plantar psoriasis, you must adhere to certain rules:
- not fried food and food with a sharp taste to food;
- to Smoking without;
- alcohol exclude drinks;
- do not wash your hands and feet with hot water;
- use household gloves on the fabric basis for the prevention of contact with aggressive household cleaners;
- when on the feet cracks were formed, we recommend the use of hydrocolloid solution: when applied to the affected it prevents Irritation due to friction, relieves itching, promotes recovery of the skin.
- The aim of the pathogenetic therapy of the suppression of the process of multiplication of the keratinocytes, the normalization of their development, the reduction of inflammation.
- The external treatment consists in the application:
- softening and moisturizing preparations for the removal of the Horny layer of the skin (in most cases, your base of salicylic acid);
- Derivatives of Vitamin D;
- of corticosteroids;
- Not, it is possible to get a positive result, in addition to the so-called PUVA therapy is, in fact, irradiation of the affected with the ultra violet rays with the use of Psoralen (a photoactive compound).
- The ineffectiveness of other treatments for systemic therapy assigned.
The treatment of Psoriasis on the elbows
This type of pathology treated in a holistic way. This process is quite long and includes:
- the adherence to a special diet;
- Intake of Vitamin complex;
- local treatment (ointments, creams, lotions);
- physiotherapy treatments;
- photo chemotherapy.
Treatment mild forms of Psoriasis on the elbows can funds on the use of moisturizing, thanks to which it's Peeling reduce manage to remove inflammation and itching.
At an advanced stage in the complex treatment is:
- Corticosteroids local action;
- An Alternative method for the treatment of Psoriasis (people resources).
Treatment of Psoriasis of the nails
Nail Studio the Form of Psoriasis was first described in the 19th century. Even then, it was pointed out that it bears an isolated character, which has in the future of your confirmation. Nails affects the in the case of some types of Psoriasis (e.g. vulgar), however, the disease can develop and be themselves.
How to treat nail Psoriasis? The process is complex and continuous. The disease can be a recurring character, in waves. The most important requirement for the therapy is the proper care for your nails and hands, the daily implementation of the necessary measures, and the observance of certain rules:
- Nails should be cut short;
- avoid micro-traumas;
- don't do manicure, pedicure, spend other cosmetic treatments;
- during the execution of the work, budget, wear gloves.
For the treatment of Psoriasis of the nails in the mild Form medication is not applied. You can confine the application of the treatment of paint on the plate. Camouflage the affected areas, slow down the progression of the pathological process and prevent relapses.
In severe required, topical treatment with ointments, solutions and creams. As an additional measure of intake of food supplements and Vitamin formulations recommended, containing Calcium, zinc, potassium, silicon. During exacerbation of the process to be abandoned.
The treatment of scalp psoriasis
- An important part of the treatment of Psoriasis on the head the intake of vitamins A and group B, drugs with Calcium and nicotinic acid, the use of ascorbic acid and folic acid.
- Maximally productive the use of corticosteroids.
- A good effect can be achieved by means of salicylic acid ointment.
- As a tool, we recommend moistening hairy part of the decoction of herbs with a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect: greater celandine, chamomile or sage.
The treatment of Psoriasis in the face
Many patients try the traces of the defeat with make-up, but they don't do it. In constant contact with air, and a slight action of the sun's light Plaques heal much faster.
- A prerequisite for the treatment of Psoriasis in the face to the care of the skin, use only funds specifically for sensitive skin.
- Wipe is banned in the face with a towel – this leads to mechanical damage to the Plaques and stimulate their growth.
- In the Winter, I should moisturizers to use.
Complex therapy in case of occurrence of psoriasis in the face in the following measures:
- local treatment with the use of ointments, creams, lotions;
- in physiotherapy;
- Adherence to the medical nutrition;
- Intake of vitamins.
Treatment of Psoriasis folk remedies
Traditional medicine offers many proven ways of liberation from the psoriasis.
In a tub with lukewarm water and dissolve a packet of salt, place the patient on 15 minutes. Moisturize you skin the head. After emerging from the bathroom, the man must dry, without wiping. Should be before the creation of the onion mash and RUB it into the head and the body of the patient, leave for about a quarter of an hour, remove the remnants with a rag, and put the patient to bed. Let us tomorrow morning prepare a decoction of celandine, coctum 300 grams of herb in a bucket of water, and wash the body. The next morning, lava needs to with a neutral soap and a weak solution of manganese. Repeat the process 7 times.
Prepare a tincture on the Basis of two tablespoons of ground chicory and cups of boiling water. After cooling, the liquid you wet a clean cloth made of natural fabrics and apply to home ran defeat.
The Original method for the treatment of Psoriasis pumpkin tails proves to be very effective. Tails should bake in the oven until the conversion into ashes. Smear platelet of garlic juice and sprinkle with pumpkin ash. The method is pretty unpleasant, but effective.
Two eggs mix well with a tablespoon of sunflower oil, add acid to about half a teaspoon of vinegar, pour the mixture in a glass with a dark glass. In the evening you will use for the lubrication of the affected. This ointment is particularly effective in the early stages of the pathology.