Psoriasis is a chronic non-infectious disease of the skin, accompanied by the appearance of reddish-pink skin rashes and Peeling of the skin.
The term psoriasis occurred psoriasis from the Greek word, which means in the translation of Pruritus, or itching of the skin. Exactly these symptoms are most clearly characterize this infectious dermatological Problem. This dermatosis cell division of the skin is almost thirty times faster. Since you do not have time to fully Mature, the intercellular contacts are lost. This leads to the formation of characteristic scales. In the pathological process involved and the immune system of the body: the elements of the protection against its own cells, which causes a chronic inflammation in the lesion. We describe in detail the question of what psoriasis is and how you treat them.
Types of psoriasis
There are many classifications of Psoriasis based on severity of the disease, the skin rashes, localization of the lesions, etc. most of the time you can distinguish the following types of diseases:
- That Plaque (vulgar) is a big part of all types of Psoriasis. It is characterized by the appearance of the traditional Plaques, covered with white-and-grey scales covered.
- Guttate Psoriasis is the second of the prevalence and diagnosed in every tenth patient. There are numerous and very small rash with scales on the entire surface of the body.
- Pustular variant is characterized by the formation of pustules.
- In the case of Palmar-plantar Psoriasis elements of the skin are located in the appropriate areas.
- Exudative variant is characterized in that the scales are yellowish liquid that oozes from the body. Because of this, you can see coalescat and change their color.
- Erythroderma is a severe Form of the disease, as in this case, the entire surface of the affected skin and enter systemic reactions (fever, swollen lymph nodes, disturbances in the composition of the blood).
- Psoriatic Arthritis is characterized by lesions of the joints.
Through the stages of the pathological process is Progressive, stable and retrogressive psoriasis.
Symptoms of psoriasis
Most common in the development of Psoriasis on the surface of the skin, the patches appear, covered with gray or white scales that are easily detached when touched. This feature is a other name of the disease – psoriasis is associated.
Localization of lesions
In General, the skin on the extensor surfaces (elbows, knees) of the large joints changes. Most common localization is the edge of the head afford the skin, and in places constantly exposed to injury or friction. But this property can be used as a diagnostic criterion, as in the case of atypical forms of psoriasis are affected and other surface of the skin.
The dimensions of the rash may be different. The primary elements of the small papules of bright red or Burgundy. In the course of time their size is increased considerably, also, they have a tendency to confluence. In 90% of cases, signs of Psoriasis, the formation of Standard Plaques include the by the clinical triad of:
- Stearic stain radi has a light gray-white scales, similar in appearance to shavings of candle.
- To scratch if you continue, the surface of the tile, then after removing all the scales with a thin white film, the name of the Terminal manifests itself.
- Symptom blood thaw can reveal when you remove the terminal foil. In the case of damage to the papillae of the skin-no profuse bleeding and Drip.
There are several nominal signs of the disease:
- Symptom Kebnera is that the psoriatic lesions appear at places where injuries (friction, scratch, etc.). It is characteristic for the advanced stages of the disease.
- Symptom Voronov, due to the formation of the pale border around the newly formed papules, not covered by scales. It is a type of circulatory reaction of the body and means a further Progression of the disease.
These symptoms of psoriasis often allow currents to distinguish a disease from other similar dermatoses.
In addition to the skin, in psoriasis, the nails, hair and also joints and internal organs suffer. Changes to the nail plate starts with the Foundation and are characterized by subungual hyperkeratosis. In addition, the surface acquires pectoral, and wells (Symptom thimbles). Psoriatic Arthritis begins with the defeat of the small joints, accompanied by painful sensations and inflammatory phenomena.
For psoriasis itching of the skin characterized. As a result, scratches are formed to bleeding in the superficial cracks and the inclination. In the areas of trauma, pathogenic germs can proliferate, causing a secondary infection and the development of Dermatitis.
The causes of psoriasis
It is not the nature of the disease communicable, it was in the 19th century. With time, numerous studies carried out, in which the causes of psoriasis are investigated. However, as with most systemic a single cause of diseases, to find out, so far not possible. There are several theories, each of which is a scientific confirmation:
- Immune theory of the disease is the result of a series of malfunctions in the immune system. It is development of the expected immune response, as a result in the skin a large number of T accumulates lymphocytes. This leads to a chronic inflammation and thickening of the affected area. It is confirmed the theory by the fact that at the time of biopsy Psoriasis Plaques detectable with a high concentration of immune cells, as well as the fact that for the course of the disease, the use of immune-influenced preparations.
- Hereditary factor associated with the congenital pathology of the genetic material. The scientists have already several sections of the DNA, the Mutation was in a patient with psoriasis. These genes are mainly responsible for the maturation of immune cells (T-lymphocytes). Therefore, in the case of their failure the likelihood of Psoriasis is significantly increased. If the parents suffer from this skin disorder, the risk for the development of dermatoses in children by 50% higher.
- The genetic theory is comparable with the hereditary, but, in this case, the genes describes, in which the Mutation can occur at any age.
- Endocrine factor is confirmed by the fact, that most of the patients with Psoriasis there are any changes on the part of the endocrine organs (pituitary, pancreas and thyroid gland). Also in this category of patients is often a violation of the synthesis and secretion of Melatonin present. Also on the course of the disease, the level of sex hormones can exert.
- Stress and are able to, a strong shock will lead to the Manifestation of the disease or to the aggravation of his symptoms. This is due to the release of hormones in the blood, a series of biochemical reactions that lead to scaly skin rashes starts.
- Trade theory on the basis of the fact that scientists have elevated blood lipids in patients with Psoriasis. In addition, the exchange of nitrogen changes in deterioration and increases the overall level of toxins in the body.
In fact, all the causes of Psoriasis can be divided into two groups:
- Violation of the cell division of the skin;
- modification of the immune system.
All of the external factors (environment, Stress, injury) will only aggravate the course of the disease, but can not act as a single cause.
The quality of life of Psoriasis patients
Together with other chronic diseases, Psoriasis is able to significantly patients ' quality of life, you can learn how physical and psychological discomfort to worsen. Often there are difficulties with the work and social adjustment. So severe itching sometimes impede normal recovery and Plaques on the hands, the work can restrict ability.
Especially hard tolerated scaly skin rashes on the scalp. This is due to the fact that these Plaques may cause some repulsion, causing the patient to be unsociable, even as social phobia.
Stress due to the dissatisfaction with own appearance, constant pain or itching, but also immune diseases quite often lead to the development of psychological problems (increased anxiety, Depression, social Isolation). Only a quarter of patients with Psoriasis experienced psychological discomfort, in other patients the disease is a serious obstacle for a normal life.
Among the symptoms of Psoriasis, worsen the quality of life, the first place itchy skin takes on the second Position – joint pain psoriatic Arthritis.
Methods of treatment of Psoriasis
Understand what psoriasis is, can you visualize better and possible methods of treatment. Since it is a chronic disease, complete cure, it may not. However, you can significantly reduce the clinical symptoms to facilitate the patient's condition,. In the framework of an integrated approach to therapy scaly skin rashes the use of drugs and physiotherapy techniques. There are also Folk-tips to help you deal with the Problem.
Medicines and remedy for psoriasis
In this disease, the most popular means for external application. In the several components that prevent excessive cell division of the skin, as well as to soften and reduce itching. The names of the drugs are different, but mostly they contain the following substances:
- Glucocorticosteroid hormones that reduce inflammation and suppress the reactivity of the immune system. The local application of hormones have a less pronounced systemic effects. Part of Elocom In advantan.
- Vitamin D contained in large quantities of drugs for local use. The greatest efficacy for the treatment of Psoriasis, in combination with UV-irradiation.
- Tar is especially true for the therapy of lesions, the skin in the area of the head.
- Activated zinc quickly eliminates redness and itching of the skin. This component is practically harmless for the body.
Among the preparations for the systemic treatment of Psoriasis are distinguished:
- Corticosteroids to regulate because the metabolism and eliminates signs of inflammation, however, symptoms of pronounced withdrawal;
- Cytotoxic drugs cell division of the Epidermis to inhibit, but apart from these weaknesses in the immune system and slow down the Regeneration, and other tissues;
- Immune modulators for the normalization of immune reactions, but their effectiveness is not yet fully understood;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, only the severity of the itching and inflammation, but decrease no impact on the primary changes.
Vitamins and Anti-Allergy drugs are used, in addition to the primary therapy. Since there is no really effective medication for the control of Psoriasis, it is, together with physiotherapeutic procedures.
Among the most widely used procedure for the treatment of systemic diseases, Psoriasis, assign the following:
- Leech therapy, leech. It improves blood circulation and normalizes immune reactions.
- Fish-doctor, multiplicans in thermal sources, patients will help to cleanse the skin of skin rashes. During the ichthyo-therapy, these fish literally eat up the surface layers of Plaques on the skin, immersed in water.
- Cryotherapy, during which the Patient is for a few minutes in the camera of air with a temperature of -1300C. After the procedure, significantly reduces itching and eliminates the phenomena of inflammation and edema.
- PUVA therapy combines light therapy and chemotherapy. After the injection accumulates in cells with high ability to regenerate, the patient is irradiated with light. The last one has a certain wave length and promotes the activation of the photosensitizer. Thus, selectivity has an impact.
Sometimes in the treatment of psoriasis effective in the application of homeopathic medicines or natural remedies.
Folk remedies for the treatment of Psoriasis
In folk medicine, there are many recipes, the Mediterranean, both for local use and for use inside.
You can cook the ointment and apply it on the upper side of the tile. The most popular are the following recipes:
- Mix celandine and adipi (1:5), is the effective means.
- Loop flowers filipendulae viscosa and mix it with Vaseline (1:1). Then heated to 900C and cooled. Be stored in the ointment is not long, therefore, better to cook in small portions.
- Lard, pine turpentine and bees wax, to connect to heat it on the fire, stirring constantly. After that you add Vitamin A from the pharmacy.
- Normal birch pitch (25 G), Vaseline (10 G), boric acid (5 G), honey (15 G), protein, fish oil (5 G) very good mix and in a dark vessel. Applying such a cream should be only once a day.
- An ointment made of elecampane helps in the aggravation of the disease.
Traditional medicine for use in the rule are aimed at the preservation of immunity and reduction of inflammation and itching:
- Kvass from oats is composed of 700 G of grains, three liters of water and five large spoons of sugar. All of this should be two days.
- An Infusion of Bay leaf oral 100 ml.
- In order to prepare a tincture of the buds of Sophora, you need 500 ml of vodka and 50 G of dry raw material, and then for a month in a dark place. Take a teaspoon.
- Decoction of fennel seeds helps to eliminate the acute symptoms, and also has a slight soporific and calming effect.
Bath with the addition of copper sulfate used for the treatment of Psoriasis.