Psoriasis causes are not well understood, until today, a mystery for the scientists all over the world. The disease is capable of develop all of a sudden, regardless of the age and sex of the patient.
Lately, the primary development of Psoriasis among children and women, without any precipitating causes. In rare cases, the disease may be more even, but usually to achieve long-term Remission requires a specific treatment, and the desire to be healed from the Client.
Theory of the emergence of psoriasis
Among doctors and researchers there are several theories of the development of the disease:
HEREDITARY. The genetic transmission of the disease IS considered to be THE most COMMON since, according to the findings of the doctors in every second case out of three marks the presence of Psoriasis in the medical history. At the accession of provoking factors, the first symptoms of the disease appear inevitable. In General, in the case of the inheritance of the connection with the gender of the children (sickness is celebrated often develops among same-sex relatives).
IMMUNE. Immune theory of the disease is considered to be its founder. Immune components, there is almost any inflammation of the immune character, which in some cases, symptoms of the disease relieves.
However, in spite of a sufficient number of studies, the clarified immune theory of Psoriasis, the triggers for its occurrence (launcher mechanisms) up to the end. Therefore, preventive measures for the development of the disease provide, first and foremost, the strengthening of the immune system (especially in women, older patients and children) and protection of the skin (including the head) of the diseases of infectious character. Exactly Immune theory shows the most serious complications: psoriatic Arthritis (explanatory causes of Psoriasis on the elbows, the knees and the hands), and in some cases — the defeat of the spine.
NEUROGENIC. According to the theory of psychosomatics the disease can be caused by a faulty functioning of the nervous system, as a result of strong Stress. In other words, the mental condition of the patient reflects on the condition of the patient, causing the appearance of psoriatic symptoms on the hands, head, legs, etc. In addition, a factor that confirms that the development of the disease on the background of psychosomatic medicine, is the positive effect of sedation, which again points to the spiritual causes of Psoriasis.
The exchange part. The investigations carried out, it is not the development of the disease in connection with the violation of metabolic processes to exclude. In General, for most patients, hypothermia was observed, which suggests a slowing of metabolic processes. In addition to the violation of lipid metabolism is an increased level of cholesterol in the blood, and weakening of the immunity shows confirmed reduction of vitamins (A, B), as well as copper, iron and zinc, which in 2/3 of all cases.
In any case, there are 4 Diabetes mellitus, refers to the violation of carbohydrate metabolism and metabolic nature for the development of the disease a malfunction of the thyroid gland, pancreas and sexual glands confirmed, in spite of treatment.
ALLERGIC. Supporters of this theory believe that psoriatic symptoms occur as a result of allergies. The confirmation of this is the fact that this disease, like allergies, does not apply to contagious, severely itchy skin rashes manifests itself on the skin Pokrov. Therefore, in the case of psoriasis, very often, antihistamines are. In addition, there is a similar symptomatology in allergic and psoriatic Arthritis.
HORMONAL. This hypothesis deals with disorders of the hormonal background in the body (menopause, puberty, pregnancy, etc.). However, the direction is not popular, because the majority of the psoriatic patients developed the hormonal "rest".
INFECTIOUS. Such a theory of the emergence of the disease is one of the most common. The causes of the symptoms of psoriatic symptoms are associate with different pathogens (spirochetes, streptococci, etc.). However, neither micro-organisms and fungus in the implementation of the experiments showed itself as the leading. Some scientists believe that the development of the acute infectious diseases be able to influence the course of the dermatoses as a result of the weakening of the immune system (Reversible and irreversible). However, despite the numerous studies, infectious theory no confirmation found.
VIRAL. The viral nature of the disease has a large number of followers. However, on the basis of investigations Virus theory is not confirmed, as fundamental, as yet never been observed, a transfer of the disease from sick to healthy people, despite the fact that hundreds of direct blood transfusions from sick patients.
Slopes of the mechanisms of the disease
As a result of the numerous investigations of the causes of psoriasis, doctors have found out that there are additional trigger conditions for the emergence of diseases. Causes of psoriatic manifestations can be both internal and external factors.
The most common causes that trigger the disease:
- Exacerbation of the disease acute and chronic infectious processes in the body (SARS, гаймориты, tonsillitis, scarlet fever can cause a sore throat, etc.), as well as condition after vaccination. Typically, these diseases, the immune system, which leads to relapse of the disease weaknesses are;
- in 40% of patients developed exacerbations of stress situations (different types of depression, crises of the personality) and psychological. Therefore, prescribed sedatives for the reduction of acute symptoms as often;
- provoke a lengthy treatment of drugs, especially antibiotics and immunomodulators can psoriasis. These drugs are able to function disorders of the immune system, in response to a stimulus;
- an important role for the development or exacerbation of the disease bad habits (Smoking, alcohol), as well as improper diet of the patient with the abuse of fat and fast carbohydrates play;
- the symptoms of psoriasis may be due to the action of chemical preparations for external use (especially on the hands), which are often used in everyday life, including an anti-parasitic agent;
- Exacerbation of the disease may be in violation of the integrity of the skin due to mechanical effects (injuries, burns, stings, bites, etc.);
- Again of Psoriasis occur cause inflammatory papules on the skin, including fungal infection on the head, the development of the skin inflammation on the hands etc. In addition, the cause of psoriasis is an acute development of an allergic reaction.
- In General, as a result of disease-causing factors (one or in combination) escalate, therefore, you should observe certain rules in order to avoid that the emergence of a dangerous Situation.
The primary symptoms of Psoriasis are able to, at any age, but at the time of its development in children, more severe consequences and complications occur. In adults, Psoriasis is dangerous severe concomitant diseases.
The causes of Psoriasis in childhood
On the basis of the results of the study of the disease in close relatives in several generations, the conduct of biochemical studies in patients with family relationships, including healthy, found out that in the development of the Psoriasis in children a major ROLE of the hereditary factor predisposition PLAYS for the disease.
If one of the parents is sick of Psoriasis, the probability of the birth of children with Psoriasis, 25%. If both parents are sick, the risk of a child having Psoriasis is about 75%. An interesting fact is that the psoriasis is often through the maternal line. Hereditary psoriasis (family) according to the findings of the scientists is from 15 to 47% of cases of all diseases, Psoriasis in children. However, despite the in-depth study of the genetic theory of the origin of the disease, causes in children and adult patients up to the end not clarified.
In the case of pre-school children and school-age children the causes of Psoriasis can be a strong emotional Stress, nervousness, etc. of a Particular law, thanks to which it was possible, would not turn out to be a cause of the disease Psoriasis in adolescents and children.
Many scientists and doctors are inclined to combine multifactorial theory of the development of the disease, in addition to the inheritance of a number of other factors.
The symptomatology of the disease
In the case of Psoriasis, atypical reaction of the organism to any stimulus is observed. For Psoriasis is characterized by the appearance of itchy Plaques of various sizes. In the standard skin cells Mature in 3 weeks, but in Psoriasis dry after 5 days, resulting in severe itching, particularly on the head or palms of the hands. For the relief of acute symptoms, appropriate treatment is appointed.
The characteristic symptoms of psoriasis:
- the appearance of pink-red psoriatic Plaques with dry white pieces. Usually localized, most often they are in the area of the knees, the elbows, the hands and the head (scalp);
- in Psoriasis of the nails of Degeneration of the plate of the nail marks on the Hand, and the violation of the Form and color of the nails. In the severe Form possible, the development of degenerative changes;
- Itching and dandruff on the head (under the hair);
- Cracking of the skin, followed by pus Psoriasis affected areas of the body;
- occasionally, it can lead to fever and deterioration of General condition of the patient.
It is important to note that the symptoms escalated in certain times of the year. There are 3 types of Psoriasis depending on the seasons (Winter, summer, and undetermined). Patients with the summer type of Psoriasis notice a sudden worsening in the long-term treatment is required. The Winter type is due to the fact that the symptoms of psoriasis manifests itself weak, and assigned to the therapy is most effective. Where it is of unspecified type of psoriatic symptoms is able, at any time of the year occur and is characterized by frequent relapses.
Therapeutic treatment of the disease
In spite of the fact that the causes of psoriasis are not yet fully understood, it is today the most effective method for achieving sustained Remission:
- it is recommended that cryotherapy (low temperatures), helps in the most advanced cases;
- the internal symptoms with the help of plasmapheresis (filtering of the blood of the patient);
- Neutralizing the symptoms of the disease is active by means of PUVA therapy and special iodine-bromine, Radon, and sulfide baths.
In addition, a positive effect in the treatment of salts and mud from the dead sea, the fight against the symptoms of psoriasis on the head.
Prevention of Psoriasis
For the occurrence of the disease, the adherence to preventive measures, including the need to:
- Warning, trauma to the skin on the hands, head, face, etc.
- Should the light remain for a long time in direct sun.
- You need to get rid of the bad habits.
- Requires control of body weight, especially after the acute symptoms.
- You Avoid Stressful Situations.
- In the case of Psoriasis on the head, we recommend the use of special medicated Shampoos and creams.
- In all cases, a regular control of the skin doctor it is necessary.
Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, and its causes are varied, so that a positive result can be achieved if the timely start treatment with strict adherence to all recommendations of the dermatologist. This approach is able to provide a sustained Remission, and warning of possible complications.