Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is difficult to treat. Psoriatic plaques appear on different parts of the body and cause a lot of discomfort and suffering to the patient. A noticeable cosmetic defect worsens relationships with others and leads to the development of complexes.
Treating psoriasis requires an integrated approach. Seeking medical help early on has serious consequences: the disease can be inherited. Compliance with the recommendations of the doctor relieves suffering and reduces the manifestations of psoriasis.
Causes of occurrence
Skin diseases are of great interest to researchers. Doctors only make assumptions about factors that can cause psoriasis. The most common cause of psoriasis is a genetic predisposition. However, dermatologists still disagree: "Why does psoriasis occur? "
There are two theories:
- the first says: scaly lichens develop when the maturation of epidermal cells, whose reproduction and differentiation is disturbed. Autoimmune processes play a subordinate role;
- second hypothesis: the cause of skin lesions is a malfunction of the immune system. Problems with the normal function of epidermal cells are of secondary importance.
- Deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body due to the small amount of vegetables and fruits on the menu;
- undermined nervous health due to frequent stress;
- abuse of strong drugs;
- Metabolic disorders due to poor diet;
- decreased immunity from infectious diseases.
- hypertensive patients;
- overweight people;
- people who drink alcohol excessively;
- Patients who have completed chemotherapy courses, treatment with corticosteroids, strong antibiotics.
Symptoms and stages of the disease
Stages of psoriasis eruptions:
- Initial stage. On the elbows, other areas appear, pink or reddish papules, covered with scales with a heterogeneous structure. Over time, the rash occupies an increasingly larger area, reddening of the skin appears, swelling, itching develops;
- Most symptoms appear in people whose bodies are saturated with drugs. In the risk group - people who have suffered psycho-emotional trauma;
- The next stage is the emergence of the Kebner phenomenon. Scratches, wounds and bleeding appear on the body. Gradually, they merge, forming symmetrical lines and plaques. Nails are often affected;
- third level. The rash becomes lighter, the plaques take on clear outlines, the affected areas turn blue, itchy, peel off;
- The symptoms will gradually go away. First it is peeled, then the color of the epidermis is restored. The final stage is the resorption of infiltrates, the improvement of the skin condition.
Is psoriasis contagious? Is it possible to get sick while communicating, shaking hands, playing together, or having sexual intercourse? The answer is no! "The nature of the pathology is different, there are no viruses and fungi on the skin. Do not push the psoriasis patient away from you! It's already difficult for him. Support the person morally.
- elbow joints. Relatively mild form. Groups of plaques with well-defined margins appear symmetrically on both arms. Color - salmon or pinkish red;
- palm trees. The disease is characterized by keratinization of the surfaces, peeling, severe itching;
- ears and scalp. Psoriasis eruptions occur on the inside and outside of the auricles on the head. In the event of unexpected itching in the ears, it is recommended to see a dermatologist immediately.
- legs. Often, plaques, redness and itching on the lower extremities appear at the same time as rashes on the hands. Outwardly, the manifestations of the disease are similar;
- back. Scaly lichen affects different areas of the back. The rash takes on a teardrop shape. Often the rash resembles ordinary plaques;
- face. Rashes are less common in this area. On the eyebrows, small papules appear near the eyes in the area of the nasolabial folds. In isolated cases, formations covered with scales are visible on the lips.
A dermatologist or therapist can easily diagnose psoriasis based on its characteristic features. Sometimes a biopsy of the affected skin is needed. The microscopic piece is sent for laboratory research.
A drop of blood hemoscanning method is widely used. Special computer programs and a high-performance electron microscope are used.
Experts recommend giving up the services of "doctors" who have no medical training. Charlatans often just use this method to diagnose various diseases without worrying about additional research.
Be sure to visit a dermatologist or therapist. An experienced doctor will tell you whether or not you have psoriasis based on clinical symptoms.
How can you cure psoriasis? Complex therapy will help eliminate unpleasant symptoms and improve the patient's condition. In many cases, treatment is long-term, with the continued action of provoking factors, relapses are possible.
Experts recommend using not only drugs, but also folk recipes, dietary nutrition and physiotherapeutic methods. The patient must strictly follow the medical instructions.
Both topical and systemic drugs are used:
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Ointments and gels for psoriasis.
Physiotherapy is effective:
- ultraviolet radiation;
- laser therapy;
Diet for psoriasis
The patient is obliged to adhere to a hypoallergenic diet against psoriasis. It is necessary to eat as little as possible of foods that cause a rush of blood to the affected skin. A focus on foods rich in vitamins and minerals is important.
- spicy dishes;
- smoked products;
- red, black pepper, other spices;
- hot drinks.
- whole milk;
- citrus fruits;
- vegetables, red fruits.
Folk remedies and recipes
After consulting with a dermatologist or therapist, add home methods to your medications and physiotherapy treatments. Effective ointments, herbal boilers, lotions and baths improve the condition, relieve itching and burning.
Treatment of psoriasis at home with folk remedies. Best recipes:
- Thread baths and sea salt.Prepare a brew: per liter of water - 2 tbsp. l. turns. Pour 4 tbsp in the bath. l. Sea salt, pour the strained broth. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. An excellent soothing desiccant;
- Decoction of medicinal herbs.Brew a teaspoon of nettle, burdock root, liquorice and calamus in 0. 5 l of water, one sequence. Let boil for 5 minutes, then brew. Wipe the affected areas with a medicinal broth several times a day.
- Orally take tea made from dandelion roots, nettle leaves, St. John's wort. The drink perfectly cleanses the blood, increases immunity, calms;
- herbal lotions.Take 4 tbsp. l. Add celandine, marigold, string, feverfew, chamomile (all herbs need 2 tbsp. L. ). Pour a liter of hot water and warm up in a water bath. Gauze dipped in broth, apply to painful areas twice a day;
- homemade ointment.Combine fish oil, pine resin, aloe juice, olive oil, sulfur and birch tar in equal proportions. Add the same amount of celandine, overwhelm the herbs and pour a few drops of sea buckthorn oil into them. Let it brew, strain. Lubricate affected areas daily. The tool soothes the skin, reduces itching, heals wounds;
- Applying birch tarto the elbows, ears, and other areas affected by the manifestations of scaly lichen will work well.
- Monastery tea against psoriasis.A medicinal drink with medicinal herbs makes the disease easier.
Skin psoriasis in children
Chronic illnesses occur in infants and older children. Most cases of psoriasis occur in preschoolers and elementary school children.
- Spots, blisters, and red spots appear on the skin.
- gradually the rash becomes stronger, peeling occurs;
- the body itches, the crusts crack, painful areas appear.
The main places for localizing lesions:
- legs, arms;
- Psoriasis sometimes affects the nails.
Diagnosis is straightforward. Pronounced symptoms are difficult to confuse with manifestations of other diseases.
- hormonal imbalance;
- some drugs;
- genetic predisposition;
- respiratory diseases;
- abrupt climate change.
- correct skin care;
- ascorbic acid;
- vitamin B12;
- ointments and gels;
Herbal baths with chamomile, yarrow, celandine and succession work well. Sedation fees improve sleep. In severe cases, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills.
Sometimes a child needs to be hospitalized to alleviate acute symptoms. Don't give up on the hospital. Droppers, injections significantly relieve the condition.
Tip!Do not prescribe strong drugs yourself. Doctors try to use fewer drugs that are toxic.
There are no special precautions for this severe skin condition. Because of this, many people suffer from unpleasant symptoms for years.
Sometimes psychological trauma is just as severe as the occasional rash and itching during exacerbations. Try to alleviate the course of the disease.
What else can you do:
- Avoid hypothermia;
- Keep the room at optimal humidity.
- take good care of the epidermis;
- creates a calm environment in the family;
- If necessary, change your job in order to avoid stressful situations and other harmful influences.
- don't hurt your skin.
Remember,- you are not alone in your trouble. The diagnosis of psoriasis is recorded in the outpatient records of hundreds of thousands of people. Do not despair, even with such a serious illness you can live without losing hope for the future. Communicate, seek support from loved ones, follow the recommendations of doctors. Try to prevent the disease from devouring you.